making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Does the body rule the necklace, or does the necklace rule the body?

After weeks of making Valentine's Day crap for other people, it's really starting to feel as though life is simply taking and not giving so last night I took a few hours to make myself a little something.
I think Morrissey was my first true love. As a teenager, I never kept a diary - I transcribed Smiths lyrics. Still Ill might be my favourite song - though as soon as I say that at least two dozen others come to mind. But this one works better as a necklace so, yeah, let's say it's my favourite. The thing that every Morrissey and Smiths fan will tell you is that each song, each line, feels like it's been snatched out of your brain - every album provided a soundtrack to every thing that ever happened to you ever! And you'd think a woman of my age would have outgrown that sentiment by now but on the real though, I distinctly and fondly recall one magical and freakishly warm night just this past October when
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill ?

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all. 
#MOZSAVES

No comments: