making sh!t for your girlfriend since 2007

.....................................

soon come

Craft Mart ~ Nov 8 (6pm - 11pm) & Nov 9 (11am - 7pm) ~ Hamilton Artists Inc. ~ 155 James Street North, Hamilton
Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market ~ Nov 30 & Dec 1 ~ Olympic Community Centre ~2304 Hunter Street, Halifax
City of Craft ~ Dec 14 & 15 ~ The Theatre Centre ~ 1087 & 1095 Queen Street West, Toronto

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hopefully she got some teeth...

When god gives you a toothache, make gold tooth key chains.
Is there anything more distracting and miserable than a toothache? Probably a lot of things, but when you're experiencing one, particularly one that lasts five months, it's hard to believe there are worse things the body - or the face, at least - could endure. Until I finally went in for some dental surgery this past January, teeth were all I could think about for months. And the nightmares, oh god, the nightmares. I think everyone has had that dream where all their teeth fall out; in mine, they rattle around my mouth like Tic Tacs. Some are swallowed, some spit out. I made these key chains to distract myself one afternoon, to help alleviate some of the anxiety I was feeling about being knocked out and having my face sawed into to extract a bitchy wisdom tooth whose roots had practically grown down into my stomach. It didn't help, but here they are.

No comments: